Re: [Xen-users] domU eth0 missing after reboot

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Tait Clarridge <tait@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanx Greg,

This didn't happen in my case. There was just no eth0 / eth1 device at all, even though the XEN .cfg file had the vif line in. I rebooted the server since it didn't want to automatically increase the RAM, and after that there was no network interface.

I downloaded the latest kernel rpm and installed that, thinking the kernel was corrupt or something but that didn't even help. At the end of the day I ended having to create a new domU and copy the website and MySQL data across manually.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Cell: 082 554 7532
Fax: 086 268 8492

Hi Rudi,

Are you setting a MAC address in the vif line of the config?
If  you aren't, I would suggest adding it and ensuring ifcfg-eth0.cfg contains that HWADDR.

Tait

Hi Tait,

Yes the config file had the MAC address and the ifconfig-eth0 file had a HWADDR as well.