Re: [Xen-users] Using both NAT and Bridge networking on the same host

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Peter Viskup <skupko.sk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 12:46:26 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:47:26 +0000

On 01/27/2013 12:01 PM, Andreas Hilboll wrote:
Hi,
I would like to use bridged networking for some domUs and NAT networking
for some other domUs, all on the same dom0. Currently, I only have the
bridged guests running. In xend-config.sxp, I'm not using any
network-script, as I have done the bridge setup manually. The vif-script
is currently set to vif-bridge.
Now I want to add some more domUs, but using NAT (I don't have enough
public IPs on my hosted server). How can I do this without breaking the
bridged networking setup of the already running guests?
Or do I have to change to NAT networking altogether?
Cheers, Andreas.

PS: Running Xen 4.0.1 on Debian Squeeze/AMD64, using xm toolstack

Hi Andreas,
it's possible by using the 'script' attribute within the vif definition. The xend-config just defines the 'default' script.

<code>
vif = ['ip=10.0.0.YZ-AB.CD.EF.GH, vifname=vps-name-pub, script=vif-nat-fw']
</code>

The vif-nat-fw is my own script which is configuring the NAT on the fly based on the IP pair defined by the 'ip' attribute. Of course you can also do the mixed setup with NATed and bridged domains.
For more information browse the /etc/xen/scripts directory.
All other questions are welcome. ;-)

Best regards,
--
Peter Viskup