Re: [Xen-users] domU only see 512MB RAM when enabling PCI passthrough

At 01:44 09.03.2013, you wrote:
I googled and found a similar issue is reported at:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2012-12/msg00179.html

But seems there is no follow up how the problem is fixed, how can I
fix the issue?

in my case from December: no fix found till now.
Upgraded my Gentoo to app-emulation/xen-tools-4.2.1-r1, app-emulation/xen-4.2.1-r2.

A workaround is to boot the domU without the PCI-Device in config and pass it later on. This way you can work with all the RAM you need _and_ the PCI-Device.

Still hoping for a solution in one of the next updates.

When I shutdown this domU for reboot I keep a 'ghost' in xl list

xen xen # xl list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  7529     4     r-----      85.2
colin                                        1  2048     3     -b----     102.3
(null)                                       2     6     2     --ps-d     144.6

which can be removed by killing the corresponding qemu-system-i386 process.

Regards,
Christian

--
Markt-Apotheke Christian Holpert e.K., Mömbris
  http://www.marktapotheke.org - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg, HR.A, Registernummer 2165