Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.1.4 fails to boot Linux in wheezy

Alexandre Kouznetsov wrote:
> When you say "no output from the Xen boot process", do you mean no
> output at all?

yes

> GRUB_TERMINAL="console serial"
> GRUB_SERIAL_COMMAND="serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --word=8"

That just hangs at "Welcome to GRUB!".  Note the comment before
GRUB_TERMINAL in /etc/default/grub, that it only applies to grub-pc.

> Some BIOSes have a literal option "fail-safe settings". Some does not,
> but using common sense it's possible to disable most of "fancy" and
> "exotic" options.

I see no such option.  I disable devices and boot devices that I don't
use, and all of HP's silly security tools.  I enable VTx and VTd;
disabled, or VTx only, the behavior is the same.

> I had no issues related to dm-crypt.

OK, good to know.

Knowing that, I'm starting to look at this as a bug between Xen and
UEFI.  This issue looks similar to
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-users/2012-08/msg00120.html