Re: [Xen-users] Cannot shut down a domU from dom0

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 07:01:50PM +0100, Alan McKay wrote:
> This time I have a different VM but also RH8 and it is definitely not
> shutting down
>
> I have run this command over and over for 10 minutes and it still
> won't die.  Maybe the reason is that when I did my initial install of
> RH8 and rebooted at the end, it came back up in the installer again?
> Is the installer somehow preventing me from shutting down?

Try logging into your VM and check if this is the case. My bet is that
you're running in HVM mode so you need to configure VNC for your VM,
which is just trivial - look at xen wiki.

> This is a pretty serious matter if I cannot shut down a VM ...

The -F option sends ACPI button event to OS, it is just like pressing
the power button. You also need your OS  to respond to that event
correctly.

Wei.