Re: [Xen-users] VGA/PCI Passthrough of Secondary Graphics Adapter

>If only ATI provided a method to contact them for such support, considering they claim that they "tested" 4850/4870 cards to work with Xen and VGA >passthrough. If they've tested it, it'd be nice if they documented it. Personally I've not seen any evidence of the sort of stability you'd rightfully expect when >the manufacturer vouches that something works.

Which toolstack are you using? I have had better success with xm than with xl for passing through a 6850 to a windows 7 domU. Namely, I experienced the performance degradation on reboot of domU with xl, but not with xm. Though I could solve it also under xl by the eject trick after reboot of domU - but if this is a general reset related issue it might be different symptoms for different radeon models. This was in xen 4.1.x under gentoo and ubuntu (haven't tested xen 4.2+). Relying on a deprecated toolstack is not future-proof of course, but it has worked for me so far, and ubuntu 12.10 still uses xen 4.1 which provides xm as the default.

It might be that AMD got their tested cards working with xen 4.1 and xm, and never tried any more after that.

Regards,
Andreas