Re: [Xen-users] how to build vTPM with xen 4.3?

On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 14:31 +0800, quan.xu@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hi,
>         I am  an engineer of Intel , on cloud and virtalization.
> thanks for you great updates of vTPM.Could you share your experience
> on how to build vTPM
>
> with xen 4.3?  I failed to boot up  2.6.18.8 kernel which is from
>
>              # make linux-2.6-xen-build
>             # make linux-2.6-xen-install

These kernels are obsolete and are not a good baseline for new
development.

You should instead use a mainline kernel, either one from kernel.org or
perhaps one of Konrad's branches which might be needed for the upstream
vtpm driver http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/konrad/xen.git
(Daniel and Konrad CCd for advice on that front).

For future reference "it failed to boot up" is not sufficient for anyone
to be able to help you, please provide a description of the failure,
logs, and details of you configuration.
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen contains some advice
on the sorts of things to include.

Please also do not send HTML mail to the lsit and when you want to
start a new thread do so by pressing the "New" button in you MUA rather
than by replying to an unrelated existing thread (or worse a list
digest, which you quoted in its entirety).

Thanks,
Ian.