[Xen-users] Games

Hi all,

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but perhaps somebody around has tried something
like this.

I bought a game for my son, and verified that it got "platinum status" for wine.
However, the general requirements are way too heavy for his current machine,
even without wine.

So, I was contemplating if (!) it might be possible to have a virtualized xp/w7
running the game.
The piece of software (truck driving simulator) is asking:
-Dual core CPU 3.0 GHz
-4 GB RAM, graphics card with 1024 MB memory (GeForce GTS 450-class equivalent
or better)

I already have several virtual machines running, mix of Linux (mostly servers)
and XP (desktop chores),
But never tried virtualized gaming.

So I presume that installing the game poses no problem, but playing might be
something else.
- with regards to CPU-load...
- with regards to graphics: Could I get away with a TSC-client over the network?

Anyone who ever tried it? Worthwhile trying or forget it straight away?

Hans

Dit bericht kan informatie bevatten die niet voor u is bestemd. Indien u niet
de geadresseerde bent of dit bericht abusievelijk aan u is toegezonden, wordt u
verzocht dat aan de afzender te melden en het bericht te verwijderen. De Staat
aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid voor schade, van welke aard ook, die verband
houdt met risico's verbonden aan het electronisch verzenden van berichten.

This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you are
not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you are
requested to inform the sender and delete the message. The State accepts no
liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent in the
electronic transmission of messages.