Re: [Xen-users] Linux Fiber or iSCSI SAN

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 10:48:08 -0400, Nick Khamis <symack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There isn't really. Would ext3/4 suffice? What would be a good in
between for performance vs. stability. GlusterFS could be used to
replicate the drives. We would use corosync with pacemaker for
failover.

DRBD could have been used for replication however, last I checked
there was a 4TB limit.

You don't have to replicate the whole pool in one DRBD device.
Set up a mirror pair of disks over DRBD, one DRBD device per disk.

I'd probably put something like ZFS on top to glue together the
DRBD devices and export zvols over iSCSI. I'm using a setup
similar to that, only I use daily zfs send/receive (it's incremental)
to the mirror SAN because the mirror SAN is at a different physical
location so bandwdith usage is prohibitive.

Gordan