Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.2.2 /etc/init.d/xendomains save and restore of domains does not work

On 30/06/13 10:49, Andreas Greve wrote:
Hello,

in the last days I switched from Xen 4.2.1 to Xen 4.2.2 (source from git repository tag 4.2.2)

commit a125ec6a4a2f028f97f0bdd8946d347a36dbe76b
Author: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>
Date:   Tue Apr 23 18:42:55 2013 +0200

    update Xen version to 4.2.2

My "base system" is a debian squeeze. For Xen I use the xl toolstack.

Since updating to 4.2.2 the autosave and autorestore of domains dos not work any more.

The reason is that there are some bugs in /etc/init.d/xendomains

At the end of the mail there is a diff of my corrections. The correction are only tested on my system under xl toolstack

There are some fixes going into Xen 4.3. My suggestion would be try one commit after RC6, namely...

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=543a2657182dbb9237d1feeb1d3193096ab2cb2d

I am surprised you did not have issue with 4.2.1 because the header issues have been present ever since xl became the default/preferred toolstack, unless your Xen 4.2.1 came from a third-party.