[Xen-users] XCP 1.6 and Snort dom-U

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Ryan Pugatch" <rpug@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:51:20 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 13:52:33 +0000

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run Snort (under CentOS) in a dom-U under XCP 1.6.  I have
set up a pif which is connected to a Cisco switch that is in mirror mode
(SPAN port.)  I have assigned a vif to the Snort dom-U that is connected
to the SPAN port pif.  If I run a tcpdump on the pif on dom-0, I see all
traffic that is flowing through the network.  If I run the same on the vif
within the Snort dom-U, I don't see that traffic.  It seems to be that the
openvswitch is filtering the traffic.  I have set both the vif and pif to
promiscuous mode but have not been successful in getting the SPAN traffic
to pass to dom-U.

Has anyone been successfully able to do this?

Thanks,

Ryan