Re: [Xen-users] Amazon EC2+Slackware 14(64 bit)

Ian,

Thanks for the reply...

I've changed the command line as you said..

I enabled the udev options (below mentioned) in config and uploaded the
server, still getting an error.

INIT: version 2.88 booting
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
[    4.394948] mount used greatest stack depth: 4408 bytes left
[    4.413682] grep used greatest stack depth: 4400 bytes left
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755)
Sorry, but you need devtmpfs support in the kernel to use udev.
Both of these options are needed:  CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y

FATAL:  Refusing to run /etc/rc.d/rc.udev.
grep: /etc/hardwareclock: No such file or directory
Setting system time from the hardware clock (localtime): hwclock: Cannot
access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
hwclock: Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an
access method.
Tue Jul  2 12:10:46 Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page 2013
Testing root filesystem status:  read-only filesystem
Checking root filesystem:
fsck from util-linux 2.21.2
/sbin/e2fsck: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/xvda1
Possibly non-existent device?

*** An error occurred during the root filesystem check. ***
*** You will now be given a chance to log into the      ***
*** system in single-user mode to fix the problem.      ***
*** If you are using the ext2 filesystem, running       ***
*** 'e2fsck -v -y <partition>' might help.              ***

Once you exit the single-user shell, the system will reboot.

Type control-d to proceed with normal startup,
(or give root password for system maintenance):Unmounting file systems.
Rebooting system.
[   78.412771] xenbus_dev_shutdown: device/console/0: Initialising !=
Connected, skipping
[   79.027419] Restarting system.