Re: [Xen-users] lvm xen storage performance

I am using 4.3 but it turns out that hard drive was acting strange so I replaced it and now everything is working fine .

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:46 AM, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 16/07/13 16:47, jacek burghardt wrote:
> i have hp 380 6 with hp 410i 512 mb cache battery backup. It seems that
> vm machines are very slow. hdparm -Tt shows speed of drive at 107 mb/s
> without cache and very cached speeds. Server has 24 gb of ram yet vm
> seam very slow. Any way to optimize ? I use laptop hard drives insead of
> sas as raw read speed is 127 mb/s for sas and 107 mb/s for laptop drive.

Hello,

From your subject I assume that you are attaching lvm logical volumes to
guests. Could you provide the version of Xen you are using and the
kernel you are running in both Dom0 and DomU? Also the boot log and the
config file of the DomU might be helpful.

"very slow" is not really an accurate way to describe performance, could
you run some disk benchmarks attaching the volume to Dom0 and DomU to
actually see the speed difference. I would recommend using fio for that.

Roger.