Re: [Xen-users] Fedora 19 installation with virt-install

El 30/07/13 11:33, Ian Campbell escribió:
> On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 19:42 +0200, Alberto wrote:
>>> The content of "xm dmesg" might contain a clue. More importantly since
>>> this looks like a guest crash would be to try to collect some guest
>>> logs.
>>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen#Guest_console_logs
>>> should help.
>>
>> I reviewed your link, but Debian not have the /etc/default/xencommons
>> file (I probed creating and adding the line), and I add to
>> /etc/default/xend file, but without sucess.
>
> Debian doesn't use the upstream initscripts.
>
> The script responsible for starting xenconsoled is
> apparently /etc/init.d/xen which appears to read /etc/default/xen and
> will use $XENCONSOLED_ARGS, so by adding XENCONSOLED_ARGS="--log=guest"
> to /etc/default/xen you should get console logging. You should confirm
> with ps that the daemon ended up getting called with that parameter.
>
> I'm not sure if you need to manually mkdir /var/log/xen/consoles.
>
> Ian.

OK, thank you Ian,
the /etc/default/xend file contains the line "XENCONSOLED_ARGS=". Now
Xenconsoled is started with "--log=guest" parameter...

root      8406  0.0  0.0  10324   572 ?        SLl  06:20   0:00
/usr/lib/xen-4.0/bin/xenconsoled --log=guest
--pid-file=/var/run/xenconsoled.pid

I have created the /var/log/console directory and I have probed than the
file of console output from DomU are created, but in our case (Fedora
virtual machine) not.

Also, I use Xenscreen tool and I can't see output from Fedora machine.

I tried install Fedora machine again, and the output console from it is
Nothing.

Regards