Re: [Xen-users] HVM DomU+Dom0 crash with PCI USB passthrough

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip>

What may be relevant is that I get the following message when I issue
"xl create xenwin.cfg":
libxl: error: libxl_pci.c:990:libxl__device_pci_reset: The kernel
doesn't support reset from sysfs for PCI device 0000:00:12.0

This isn't necessarily a problem - I see this reported for all
my passthrough GPUs. It seems to be mostly harmless.

Gordan

For reference, I also get that same error message on my install - From running lspci on my main system:

00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller

This is the USB controller I pass through to a Windows 7 domU, and it's been working fine (for the most part; on rare occasions, my kvm isn't detected correctly, but then I just replug it in and it works)

One other thing you may want to try is to try using the traditional mode device model; add the following into your domU config:

device_model_version = "qemu-xen-traditional"

Regards,

  David