Re: [Xen-users] unexpected Out Of Memory (OOM)

Le jeudi 08 aoÃt 2013 Ã 09:58 +0100, Ian Campbell a Ãcrit :
> On Wed, 2013-08-07 at 23:37 +0200, Olivier Bonvalet wrote:
> > So I recompiled a kernel with the kmemleak feature. I obtain that kind
> > of list, but not sure that it's usefull :
>
> These look to me like valid things to be allocating at boot time, and
> even if they are leaked there isn't enough here to exhaust 8GB by a long
> way.
>
> It'd be worth monitoring to see if it grows at all or if anything
> interesting shows up after running for a while with the leak.
>
> Likewise it'd be worth keeping an eye on the process list and slabtop
> and seeing if anything appears to be growing without bound.
>
> Other than that I'm afraid I don't have many smart ideas.
>
> Ian.

Ok, then I will become crazy : when I start the kernel with kmemleak=on
in fact I haven't memory leak. The memory usage stay near 300MB.

Then I restart on the same kernel, without kmemleak=on, the memory usage
jump to 600MB and still grow.

Olivier

PS : I retry several time, to confirm that.