Re: [Xen-users] Xm list Command is not Working

On 9/11/2013 9:21 AM, deepanshu wrote:
I have created a local repository to install Xen on Centos -6.4 . I have
followed the steps to install xen from this link

http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-xen-on-centos-6.2-x86_64-paravirtualization-and-hardware-virtualization

When I install from local repository it has installed successfully with no
errors. But When I rebooted it is not able to boot completely but i am able
to login in that machine. I have started the Xend service manually but when
I am given xm list command I am getting this error :

Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend
running?

I am not able to resolve this . Kindly help me how can i resolve this
problem.

Thanks

Few things to check:

Make sure you are running the xen kernel. (uname -a)

Check the log at /var/log/xen/xend.log

manually stop xend, then start xend. could be hung and making the xend port unavailable.

HTH,
James