Re: [Xen-users] Xen VGA Passthrough - GTX 480 successfully quadrified to quadro 6000 (softmod) - more than 4GB of RAM for Win XP 64 Bits

  • To: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 21:27:39 +0100 (BST)
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:28:49 +0000

Gordan,

I am able to have more than 3-4GB of RAM without any patch. So no patch required! It works both for domU = Linux 64 and domU = Win7 64.
So I was mistaken here.

My domU on XP 64 was locked up (frozen) when game was starting. I had to change my (OR mask 1) value for soft straps so this issue went away.
Whatever driver used it works like a charm.

I set up a new VM for Win7 64 with RAM=8GB (no patch for Xen!). I was able to play 'Remember me' :)

Here is a screenshot

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/654044ScreenshotXenSoftmodedQuadro6000Win764.png

I am working on testing games on Wine with (Xen PVONHVM+NVIDIA).

I have great esteem  for the work you did/are currently doing. Won't be back to Xen/NVIDIA world without you :)

"GTX 500 series + soldering iron" are for professional guys like you :). Got a GTX 680 at home. I will wait for your next article on your web site before

Please keep us posted about your investigations for e820_host for HVMs

Kind regards.