Re: [Xen-users] PS/2 port passthrough to DomU

On Sep 18, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Peter Milesson <miles@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I've got a classic keyboard with a PS/2 connector, and I've got no clue how
> to pass it to my Windows DomU, which uses VGA passthrough. Which parameters
> do I have to add/change/remove in the DomU config file?
>
> Don't tell me I can use a USB keyboard, it's trivial, and in my case it's not
> an option. I need my PS/2 keyboard, as a USB keyboard with those specifics
> are not available where I live, and I don't want to wait a couple of years
> before I possibly can get my hands on a suitable keyboard.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Peter

Hello Peter,

Based on your email, I'm not really sure if you're going to love this
answer or hate it, but I've solved the "Have USB port, need PS/2 port"
conundrum several times with USB to PS/2 adapters; our computers at
work stopped shipping with PS/2 on them but our KVMs were all PS/2.

_Some_ adapters didn't work for us, but that was just with the
KVMs--probably a voltage thing.  Most keyboards should work properly!

Best Regards,
Andrew Bobulsky