Re: [Xen-users] fresh xcp 1.6 & xenserver install fails on first boot (kernel not found).

I manually build a grub.conf

That didn’t work – not sure if I’m supposed to do something after editing it, but I couldn’t figure out grubby and found a lot of people indicating it could simply be edited.

Here is my manually created grub.conf – I used blkid to determine the uuid – I found the other “id” matched the list in the /etc/fstab

I took your grub.conf and used it to create my missing one.

multiboot /boot/xen-4.1.5.gz dom0_mem=1024M,max:1024M loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all elevator=noop iommu=0 cpufreq=dom0-kernel cpuidle

module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen root=UUID=45f8b3d8-cb27-46f1-be49-2e56766faf5f ro iommu=no-intremap  quiet

module /boot/initrd-2.6-xen.img

I found a tool “boot repair disk” and downloaded an iso – it couldn’t do an “automatic repair” but if provided me the ability to create a status report.

Here is the tool I used: http://sourceforge.net/p/boot-repair-cd/home/Home/

Here’s the results: http://paste.ubuntu.com/6143774/

But this doesn’t look like I’d expect it to… please take a look at the results?