[Xen-users] preferred way of installation

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 15:13:01 +0300
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:14:02 +0000

Hi all

We are seriously thinking of using Xen for virtualisation.
The main goal is to have multiple small guests on a unique host: I mean we dont expect to hot-move one guest on another host.
If we ever want to move from host to host, we imagine it cold (shutting the guest down first).

I am confused on installation modes.
As far as I read, there are 2 installation modes recommended:
- From the XenServer iso: http://xenserver.org/open-source-virtualization-download.html
- From a Centos6 clean install: http://xenserver.org/discuss-virtualization/virtualization-blog/entry/tech-preview-of-xenserver-libvirt-ceph.html

Does these install methods lead to almost the same installation?

--
RMA.