Re: [Xen-users] settings for create Windows7.cfg file / for this HVM DomU, usage with lvm partition and booted from cdrom drive

Le 25/09/2013 16:43, David Sutton a écrit :

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Dorian Carpentier de Changy <dechangydorian@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

I repeat thatI couldn't see the lvm partition in the windows install, even after mkfs.ext3.

What step am I misssing HerE?

Thank you

 For what you are doing, you don't need to create a filesystem on the LVM partition you created; you just need a raw partition for the VM to be able to use. Looking back on the email thread, I suspect it might be because you specified 'sda' for your hard drive partition (on the disk line again) - I seem to remember trying this before and having issues until I changed it to 'hda' instead - then the windows 7 installer was able to see the partition.

Regards,

  David

Hello David,
Shortly resumed, the disk line contained 'sda' for the hard drive indeed, as I didn't take care, switching it to 'hda' solved the issue.
That is very smart from you.

Since the domain got created & give vnc console access, it is hard to pin down the later if clarity isn't global.
Any way thank you a lot.

Dorian