Re: [Xen-users] pci-passthrough to a pv domu worked in xen 4.2.2, but not in 4.3.0

Dieter,

On Sun, Oct 6, 2013 at 1:54 PM, Dieter Bloms <xensource.com@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

my dom0 is an alpinelinux installed with kernel 3.10.14-1-grsec and xen
4.2.2.
My domU is an opensuse 12.3 with all patches installed.
The system works great, but when I do only switch xen from 4.2.2 to
4.3.0 (packages from http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/main/x86_64/)
then my kernel in the domU does an Oops and the drivers for my dvb card
aren't loaded successfully.

When I switch back to xen 4.2.2 (packages from
http://nl.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v2.6/main/x86_64/) it works great.

Does anybody have a clue, what I can do to get it working ?

I've attached my domU config, output of lspci -v and the dmesg, from the domU.

The default device model was changed with 4.3.0 and the new one isn't currently as compatible. Try adding the following line into your config to use the traditional model again:

device_model_version = "qemu-xen-traditional"

Regards,

  David