Re: [Xen-users] Live Migration - Freeze

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 07:23 -0600, Shane Johnson wrote:
>> Ian,
>> Thank you for the info, I can't find the log file you mentioned though
>> where should it be located
>
> It should be in /var/log/xen on the target system i.e. the one you are
> migrating to.
>
>>  and what does it mean if it doesn't exist?
>
> I'm not sure, your sender side logs seem to suggest that something is
> receiving, so I'd have thought the log really should be there...
>

>> Thanks
>> Shane

>> > You might find the *-Win98-incoming*.log on the target contains some of
>> > the more interesting stuff, from the sending end things look mostly ok.
>> > I don't know if all of the
>> >         xc: detail: type fail: page 136 mfn 0001f888
>> > stuff is worrying or not...

Nope no incoming log.
Did some more testing and here is what I found.
First some details  - scutter is the oldest machine, builder is next
and then sdj is the newest.
I tested starting the DomU on each machine and seeing where I can
migrate to.  I can migrate from scutter to either of the other
machines but that is the only source to destinations that works.
With this, I am thinking it's the CPU flags.  During all these tests,
the *-incoming*.log file wasn't created until the end of the migration
so no info there on why they are locking up.
I guess I am lucky these machines don't have to be up 24/7 so I can do
after hours migrations.
Where it's not essential I have live migration I am going to have to
put research on masking the flags on hold for now.

Ian, you mentioned that the flags aren't as big of a problem with XCP.
 Could you provide a quick and dirty explanation on why?

Thank you Ian for all your help.

--
Shane D. Johnson
IT Administrator