Re: [Xen-users] GTX 670 Tips?

On 10/13/2013 06:31 PM, Casey DeLorme wrote:
Gordan & David,

Read about your latest work, and was thrilled to learn that both soft
and hard mods are working.

I bought the GTX 670 model in David's article, I will be giving this a
shot in a week.

I was hoping to ask a few questions.

1. Is there a specific qemu version required (traditional or the new
default)?

I use traditional on 4.3.0

2. What (if anything) should be done after removing the resistors
(NVFlash to 1/2 GRID K2)?

You don't actually have to modify the BIOS at all (probably a good idea not to unless you also plan to mess about with stripping out the UEFI wrapping, since the whole thing is cryptographically signed and tampering may cause issues with UEFI system BIOSes).

Ideally you should put 40K resistors on the opposite pair. Read the eevblog thread we mentioned for details of which resistors. Some people have reported strange stability issues if the resistors are merely removed.

If you have any other tips or advice you can send my way that would be
great.

None, really - it's all fairly straightforward. Provided your motherboard doesn't trip you up it should all work relatively trouble-free.

Gordan