Re: [Xen-users] GTX 670 Tips?

  • To: Casey DeLorme <cdelorme@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David TECHER <davidtecher@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 10:50:42 +0100 (BST)
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:51:39 +0000

Hi Casey,

Heat gun should do it. If you are not comfortable with a knife (it is understandable)  just replace it by tweezers

It is explained here for tweezers -- just replace "blow torch" by "heat gun".

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?20454-Soldering-and-Removing-SMD-resistors

With a knife you have to

- heat the SMD resistors sides for a few seconds.

- put the knife blade leant against the resistor and the board.

- "scratch" your resistor using the knife blade  -- very slow movements forwards and backwards keeping knife blade leant against the resistor.

Resistor should go away quickly.