Re: [Xen-users] How do I get rid of vfb?

On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 13:41 +1300, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
> disk = [ âfile:/disk-image,0x1,w' ]

This is why you are getting a qemu -- it is being used to provide the
"qdisk" PV disk backend. It is not being used to provide any emulated
devices.

I don't think this should result in any VFBs being created, but qemu may
be noisy about this while not creating them (you didn't quote the actual
message so I can't say for sure).

If you want to avoid qemu altogether then you will need to use the
kernel backend, which is enabled via phy:/... pointing to whatever the
BSD equivalent of Linux's /dev/loop is (I knew once, but can't remember
right now).

I think someone (Roger) was trying to make this loop setup happen
automatically.

xl was a bit "tech preview" in 4.1. This may have improved by 4.3.

Ian.