[Xen-users] Audio problems with qemu (noise / crappy audio)

Hello, I'm using the audio = 1 and soundhw = "hda" options in the config file, and while I do get a working sound, it is very strange, with a lot of noise.

I'd like to know what might be causing this and if there's a known fix.
QEMU is outputting sound to PulseAudio. I already tried alsa and sld, but the problem is still there.

The guest is Windows 8.1 x64, the host is ArchLinux, and there is nothing relevant in the logs in /var/log/xen.

One interesting thing is that every time I turn the domU on, I have to go to the host audio settings and turn the

Anything to help would be much appreciated.