Re: [Xen-users] DOM U get restarted during xen live migration

On Wed, 2013-11-20 at 12:40 -0500, reza azimi wrote:
> Let me first fix one thing, the title should be fixed to "DOM 0 get
> restarted during live migration", The xeon machine get restarted
> during the migration both when it receiving a guest or sending a
> guest.

Please can you collect a console log. Preferable via a serial console
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console

> Second thanks Ian for the reply, sorry I'm very new to xen what do you
> mean by "Did you reduce the cpuid exposed to the guest to the lowest
> common
> denominator here", in my config file I've putted vcpus = 2, xeon
> machine has 8 cores and intel machine has 4 cores so I thought 2 out
> of 8 or 4 can not cause a problem. should mention something like this
> to explicitly mention which cpus to use? for ex: cpus = ["2", "3"]
>  Is there any log file that I can see the time pre copy and stop and
> copy start/finish. Maybe I can find some relation there?

I didn't mean the numbers of CPUs but rather the CPU features, i.e. the
CPUID (presence of SSE, SSE2 all that sort of thing, which differs
across different families of processor etc).

However if this is crashing the host then this is not really relevant
any more

> Also I've heard there are some settings for migration like the memory
> threshold value that remain before starting the "stop and copy" and
> number of iteration that it try in "pre copy" and etc. how can
> see/change these settings?

I doubt that is related to your crash.

Ian.