Re: [Xen-users] DOM U get restarted during xen live migration

Let me first fix one thing, the title should be fixed to "DOM 0 get restarted during live migration", The xeon machine get restarted during the migration both when it receiving a guest or sending a guest.

Second thanks Ian for the reply, sorry I'm very new to xen what do you mean by "Did you reduce the cpuid exposed to the guest to the lowest common
denominator here", in my config file I've putted vcpus = 2, xeon machine has 8 cores and intel machine has 4 cores so I thought 2 out of 8 or 4 can not cause a problem. should mention something like this to explicitly mention which cpus to use? for ex: cpus = ["2", "3"]
 Is there any log file that I can see the time pre copy and stop and copy start/finish. Maybe I can find some relation there?
Also I've heard there are some settings for migration like the memory threshold value that remain before starting the "stop and copy" and number of iteration that it try in "pre copy" and etc. how can see/change these settings?

Regards
Reza

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 7:31 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2013-11-18 at 21:02 -0500, reza azimi wrote:
> Hey folks,
>

> I am trying to live migrate a guest from a Xeon machine to core  i 7
> machine and reverse, and my problem is Xeon machine get restarted
> randomly.

Did you reduce the cpuid exposed to the guest to the lowest common
denominator here? I've no ideal how similar those two processors are but
I suppose they aren't identical.

Ian.