Re: [Xen-users] How can I take/revert snapshot of a VHD image

Aha, that is actually my post on stackoverflow.

And I have talked with Thanos who offered me generous help yesterday that I have already tried the method, but it did not work, qemu complains that "No bootable device found".

And later I did some research, it turns out that [vhd-util snapshot]  will create a backing file chain which by now qemu does not support, so simply passing the snapshot to qemu would never work.

And I did notice that in some product like XenServer, the backing file chain system seems to be working somehow, just can't figure out how..

于 2013/11/27 9:27, Ph.T 写道:
this question did get a response here:
what did you think of that one?