Re: [Xen-users] VGA Passthrough with Xen 4.3 and Qemu 1.7 on Debian Jessie

Hello Volker,

Can you supply more information about the system. ÂThere are many possibilities, so it'll be hard to narrow it down with only what you have provided.

- What does the domu.cfg look like (complete copy)
- Can you supply your kernel config
- Any notable hardware (eg. motherboard?)
- run `xl -vvv create` and attach the output

I have been using Xen 4.3 and 4.4 on Wheezy for some time now, but I have not yet tried with Jessie. ÂOff the top of my head, three possibilities stand out. ÂCould be a syntax error in your domu.cfg (review the latest man pages: http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.3-testing/man/xl.cfg.5.html). ÂI still build pciback into my kernels as I have never had good luck with late device binding even with though the xl toolstack should do so; is pciback compiled into the kernel and your devices hidden by grub, or are you relying on late binding? ÂThere have been problems with larger amounts of memory. ÂHave you tried dropping to 1~2 GB of ram in your config (yes I am aware that it is a very small amount for Windows to run well on, maybe try it just to confirm possible causes)?

Send us more info.

Cheers,

Casey