Re: [Xen-users] Xen black screens while booting in Arch Linux with UEFI GRUB

On Sat, 2013-12-14 at 03:49 -0300, Zir Blazer wrote:
> Basically, the issue I have goes like this: After installing Arch
> Linux in UEFI mode, I install Xen on top of it following Arch Linux
> wiki instructions for Xen. GRUB allows me to choose to load Xen Arch,

I don't know if this is related but AFAIK Xen does not currently support
being launched under UEFI via a bootloader.

Instead xen.efi is a UEFI application which can be launched from the EFI
shell directly (i.e. instead of grub.efi).

http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.3-testing/misc/efi.html has some details
of the config file used here.

People are working on launching Xen via bootloaders under UEFI but I
don't think it is complete/available yet in any released (or unreleased
ror that matter) version of Xen.

(BTW, you didn't say what version of Xen you are using, not too relevant
this time, but please remember next time).

Ian.