[Xen-users] Ability to 'freeze' domain IO activity for a second

Hi.
I want to use some custom (mine) snapshot solution. This is storage-based snapshot, and thus - cannot be controlled by the 'xm' command (unless I can add plug-in custom actions, and in this case, the question should be entirely different).
I can, however, wrap the snapshot command with my own, and if I can add to it a line to force the VM to halt its IO activity (by freezing and syncing, as far as I am concerned) - it would be great. I need the hypervisor to stop all IO access to all the VM disks for just a short time. i assume (without going into the code) that it's much like the 'suspend' VM, except that here I need the VM to remain alive (or paused for a very short period of time) without actually doing anything further.

Can I use the 'suspend' option in xl? Is there some other method of doing it, so I can batch the snapshotting process?

Thanks
Etzion