Re: [Xen-users] help

On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 23:14 -0700, Yasaman Amannejad wrote:
> Here is what I did to generate the attached log files.

I'm afraid these are not what is needed, I asked for the "boot logs"
which means the logs which are printed when booting (or failing to
boot). Since your boot is failing it is very unlikely that those logs
would make it in to /var/log. That probably means using a serial console
or taking a photograph of the failed boot.

>         Please provide the grub menu entry you are using. Why aren't
>         you just
>         letting update-grub generate one?

> I actually use update-grub.

Please provide the stanza anyway.

>         Are you perhaps trying to boot EFI Xen from GrUB? Don't do
>         that, instead
>         launch xen.efi directly from the UEFI shell. See
>         http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/efi.html and various
>         threads
>         on -users@ and -devel@
>

> I am not doing anything fancy. Just a simple install of Xen on ubuntu!

Does your system have an EFI BIOS firmware? If yes then perhaps
update-grub is not generating valid entries for this case, in which case
you should refer to the docs I linked to, or figure out how to configure
your BIOS to do a "legacy" boot.

Ian.