Re: [Xen-users] How to know if the balloon driver is running

On Sun, 2014-01-26 at 11:09 +0100, napster wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> So let me see if I understand you correctly. If the CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON
> is enabled (as in my case),
> root@xxxx# grep CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON /boot/config-3.8.0-35-generic
> CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON=y
> CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON_MEMORY_HOTPLUG=y
> then the balloon driver is automatically started at boot time by the
> domU.

AFAIK the balloon driver is started if you just have CONFIG_XEN.

LIke I said before CONFIG_XEN_BALLOON enables additional support for
controlling the balloon driver from within the guest (as opposed to from
the host toolstack).

> Finally, regarding the files
> in /sys/devices/system/xen_memory/xen_memory0/selfballoon (inside the
> domU), are they used by the balloon driver or the selfballoon daemon?

I'd say from the name that it is clearly the selfballoon driver.

Ian.