Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 memory not accepted

Hi,

a litte addendum to the xl info - there are already vms running, so the shown
free mem isn't r4eally free, it's already used by vms

xl list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)

Domain-0                                     0  2407     2     r-----    2293.0

VM-1                               4   512     1     -b----       5.1

VM-2                       7  1280    14     -b----    6896.9

      NAME  STATE   CPU(sec) CPU(%)     MEM(k) MEM(%)  MAXMEM(k) MAXMEM(%)
VCPUS NETS NETTX(k) NETRX(k) VBDS   VBD_OO   VBD_RD   VBD_WR  VBD_RSECT
VBD_WSECT SSID
  Domain-0 -----r       2296    0.2    2464992    7.4    4597152      13.7
2    0        0        0    0        0        0        0          0          0
  0

here it shows the 4G available, and if I do:

 xl mem-set Domain-0 4g
 xl list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  4096     2     r-----    2297.1

and xentop shows

      NAME  STATE   CPU(sec) CPU(%)     MEM(k) MEM(%)  MAXMEM(k) MAXMEM(%)
VCPUS NETS NETTX(k) NETRX(k) VBDS   VBD_OO   VBD_RD   VBD_WR  VBD_RSECT
VBD_WSECT SSID
  Domain-0 -----r       2297    0.2    4194328   12.5    4195328      12.5
2    0        0        0    0        0        0        0          0          0
  0

that works all mem is used - where is the problem with the initial setting via
xen-cmdline ?

Or should I direct that issue to another list or the debian maintainers
directly ?

Holger

Am Donnerstag, 6. Februar 2014, 19:32:35 schrieb iS-Fun Internet Services GmbH,
Holger Diehm: