Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Virtio on Xen

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 10:07 -0800, Peter X. Gao wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. I am now using virtio-net and it seems working.
> However, Intel DPDK also requires hugepage. When a DPDK application is
> initiating hugepage, I got the following error. Do I need to config
> something in Xen to support hugepage?

I'm not sure about the status of superpage support in mainline kernels
for PV Xen guests. IIRC there was a requirement to add a Xen command
line flag to enable it at the level.

Or you could just use an HVM guest, since no special support is needed
for hugepages there.

But maybe I'm confused because I think your use of virtio-net would
necessarily require that you be using an HVM not PV guest.

But then looking at your logs I see Xen PV block and net but no sign of
virtio -- so I suspect you are actually doing PV and not using
virtio-net at all.

Ian.