Re: [Xen-users] Xen4.1, domU hang (state b), how to interpret this qemu log after xm create

  • To: Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Guangning YU <yugn@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:29:03 +0930
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 00:00:47 +0000

Thanks Wei for the response!

I ended up using libvirt to create vm. The process was smooth and vnc was
initiated by virt-viewer. However, the reference for using libvirt is far
less than other toolstacks. I refer to wiki.libvirt.org .

# virt-install --name Win7 --os-type=windows --vcpus 2 --ram 2048 --disk
/etc/xen/images/HVM_M7_x64.img --cdrom /etc/xen/ISO/install.iso --hvm
--network bridge=xenbr2 --vnc

I don’t know why the Debian repository doesn’t provide the latest Xen. I
tried to follow the wiki pdf to compile the latest kernel but failed!

Tonight, I’m going to try gpu passthrough to the windows vm.

Cheers,
Jason