Re: [Xen-users] custom parameters for vif script

Am 20.04.2014 21:47, schrieb Tom Fritz:
> Sven,
>
>> the vif scripts (vif-route, vif-bridge, etc.) that come with xen just
>> don't work for me. I don't feel like I need a bridged setup. My ISP
>> insists of routing the IPs of the domUs to my dom0. So now I'm using
>> script=vif-route. But it has some caveats ...
>
>     You haven't indicated what version of Xen your running. Newer
> versions don't use the vif-bridge scripts. They require you to use the
> bridge-utils to create a bridge.

I'm using Xen 4.4.0.

I didn't know Xen doesn't setup the bridges anymore. The first thing I
always did was to disable Xen's scripts for setting up the bridge.
Instead, I used Gentoo's scripts for setting up the script. But as I
wrote, I'm not using bridging anymore and therefore switched from
vif-bridge to vif-route.

Regards,
  Sven