[Xen-users] Fwd: xl can't create and boot vm when with on hard disk assignment

Thanks for reply, instead Âof placing files in a valid image, I make all of them available in the initramfs, and I load all the files when initrd, and when it boots up successfully, I get dmesg, it seems nothing wrong. When the guest can't boot, i found it freeze just at the end of launching kernel, without any error message. I think there should be something like resource conflicts, because sometimes, it freezes for minutes and at last successfully launches???
I am totally confused with this.

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 04:03:58AM -0400, Tuan Pengfei wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> These days, I am doing some interesting work with xen and tiny core linux.
> my conf is
>
> kernel = "path/vmlinux"
> ramdisk = "path/corepure64"
> memory = 128
> name = "mytcl-64"
> > > #> > vif=['mac=00:00:00:11:00:11,ip=192.168.1.12,bridge=br0'];
> extra="console=tty xencons=tty nortc nodhcp norestore noswap noutc nozswwap"
>
> root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
> disk = ["file:/path/disk.img,hda1,w"]
> #bootloader = "pygrub"
>
> in fact, disk.img is a full 0 file.
> But when I comment disk=... line, it seems the vm halts at the kernel init
> level when it is created, at a probability of 20%. However, with this
> option, it always can boot up. I am using xl instead of xm. When I use xm,

You specify root= option but doesn't provide a valid image, what do you
expect from the guest kernel?

Kernel log will be helpful.

> it just couldn't create the vm successfully, with an error "Device 0 can't
> be connected".

You cannot use both xm and xl at the same time. I suggest you stick with
xl if you're using 4.3+ Xen.

Wei.