Re: [Xen-users] custom parameters for vif script

Am 21.04.2014 18:15, schrieb H. Sieger:
> Perhaps I'm totally off here, but isn't there a way to set up domUs with
> routing outside the xend network scripts? With bridging I use brctl and
> the /etc/network/interfaces file (Ubuntu/Debian distributions) to set up
> a bridge and define IP addresses (or DHCP) for the domUs.

At least with my configuration, xen creates and deletes vif interfaces
whenever a domU starts, stops, reboots, etc.
So you can't setup the routing once - you have to setup the routing
every time a domU starts, as the interface names have changed etc.

I don't know of any way to tell xen to use a previously created vif
interfaces which would make using vif scripts obsolete in my case.

Regards,
  Sven