Re: [Xen-users] Problem with direct pass two (whole) raw disks to vm

On Sat, 2014-04-26 at 11:51 +0930, Jason Yu wrote:
> Thanks Ian again :-) I resolved the problem by using xvde and xvdf in cfg.
> I saw both disks in the guest web GUI. It is interesting that the hda
> appeared as xvda instead of hda (in cfg, disk = [
> "file:/etc/xen/images/NAS-OMV.img,hda,w²S).

I think this is probably because your kernel has PVHVM (PV drivers for
HVM guests) enabled, so the IDE devices are unplugged and a PV path is
used instead, which converts hd[a-d] into xvd[a-d].

> Yes, it is a hvm guest. The NAS-OMV.img was created by xen4.1 previously
> using virt-install. Do you think this is a bug or not? Is it worth the
> time to investigate?

I think it's probably an expected behaviour related to the unplugging,
although I'm not quite sure what ;-)

Ian.