[Xen-users] Blank ttys in Ubuntu 14.04 dom0 under Xen 4.4.

I have a newly built machine running Ubuntu 14.04, and have been working on
getting Xen 4.4 set up on it.

The issue I am having is that when I boot the system under Xen, the /dev/tty* devices all display blank screens (except for /dev/tty7, which displays X just fine). Getty is running on all 6 ttys, and attempting a blind login on a tty and running "ps -A" from an X session reveals that my shell is being launched,
which indicates that the ttys are taking input just fine, but something is
preventing their output from reaching the screen.

The machine's graphics adapter is a Radeon R7 260X, running the proprietary
drivers. The CPU is a Xeon E3-1220v3, which does not have onboard graphics,
and the motherboard has no onboard graphics aside from what's on the CPU
(nothing, in this case).

When I first set up Xen, it was booting through Grub2, and I was getting a
"WARNING: no console will be available to OS" message, which I thought might be
related to my problem. Googling the message revealed it to be related to
booting Xen through UEFI with Grub2, with the solution being to boot Xen
directly through UEFI.

As I already had the Ubuntu binary package for Xen installed, but this does not contain xen.efi, I downloaded the source for Xen with apt-get source and compiled the xen/ subfolder of the source tree. I then dropped the generated xen.efi into my /boot/efi folder and wrote my own xen.cfg. I've changed the contents of that xen.cfg file as I've tried troubleshooting the issue (including asking for help
about a week ago on ##xen), but the current contents are as follows:

options=loglvl=all console=vga
kernel=vmlinuz-3.13.0-22-generic root=UUID=52e0c93e-56c1-47f1-9717-98e4161d71de ro quiet splash crashkernel=384M-:128M
ramdisk=initrd.img-3.13.0-22-generic

Booting directly through UEFI has gotten rid of the "no console will be available to OS" message, but the blank tty problem persists. Can anybody give any advice
on what may be misconfigured?