[Xen-users] XenProject.org Q&A system (was [Xen-devel] Q&A question: Dynamic Network Throttling?)

Ian,

>On Mon, 2014-05-05 at 08:51 -0400, Russ Pavlicek wrote:
>> The following question came through on the Q&A system at
>> XenProject.org and I can't locate an answer for it.
>
>Russ, please can you set an example by not cross posting. xen-users is
>the appropriate list for this sort of question.

Ian,

In truth, about 80% of everything that comes through Q&A belongs in
xen-users territory (about 10% belongs in xen-devel, and the remainder
probably to some XenServer forum).

This comes back to the basic issue: Q&A is meant to give an
approachable forum interface for new users.  Unlike times a decade
ago, there are many more users who are comfortable with a forum, but
uncomfortable with mailing lists.

I've heard people say something like, "a mailing list is good enough
for the kernel, so it's good enough for us."  But the people who need
to use a hypervisor are not nearly the same as those who roll kernel
code.  We need to provide new users with a comfortable way to get
answers, or they are likely to find another virtualization solution
which will provide such.

What I really want to find is a fully-functional, open source forum
interface which can sit on top of an existing mailing list.  I'd be
thrilled to do away with the current Q&A system entirely and replace
it with a xen-users forum-style interface.  Does anyone know of one?

We were approached by a new company doing a closed source version
which seems pretty good technically; but it is closed source (and
potentially has a non-trivial cost on top of it).  The Joomla Q&A
system we're using has a mailing list bridge, but it seems weak and
not really up to the task.

So, can anyone on the list recommend an open source forum interface
which you believe could serve as a forum-style interface for xen-users
without requiring any changes to the list itself?  Are you using one
at your day job in another context which might do the job?  If so,
please email me at russell.pavlicek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx so I can
investigate it.

Many thanks,

Russ