[Xen-users] Shared information between VMM's vcpu and guest's cpu structure

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: emzei <emzei.j@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 00:27:16 +0900
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 14:14:04 +0000

Hi, I want to edit some Xen and guest's code for sharing small information between VMM and Guest.

Although VMM virtualize the physical CPU into virtual CPU, Âguest can recognize just a physical CPU that is actually virtualized by VMM. right?

I want to send some information from guest to xen by using of CPU structure.
Without hypercall or other event, I just want to use only some fields in CPU structure.

For that, I searched the vcpu structure and guest's cpu structure.
If I extended the vcpu structure with a new field, then how can I reflect the field in Guest's cpu structure?

or, is it can be a way that just keep some information into CPU's register for sharing information between guest and vmm?

i only have a idea, but I don't know how to implement .

thank you for reading!Â

best regards,
emzei