Re: [Xen-users] Lost images..

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 14:41 +0200, Stephan Viljoen wrote:
> I just made one hell of screw up by accidently deleting the wrong
> folder containing all my xend domain images. Now the strange part is ,
> all those hosts are still alive and thankfully Iâm able to make
> backups for the content so I was wondering whether thereâs a way to
> somehow restore the images?

If this were happening with normal processes (i.e. you've deleted a file
which some process has open) then you'd be able to recover it
via /proc/$PID/fd.

So if the domains are using a userspace process as a disk backend (e.g.
tapdisk or qdisk) then you could probably apply that technique to the
backend processes.

If the domains are using loop+blkback then I guess you might find the
content in /dev/loop*.

If the domains are using just blkback directly then I think you might be
stuck, or at least I don't know what to suggest. You said folder of
images so I'm hopeful you don't fall into this case.

Ian.