Re: [Xen-users] How to set 'xm dmesg' output to a file

On Sat, 2014-06-28 at 23:07 +0800, goingstudy wrote:
> hi all
> I use 'xm dmesg' to check the console output generated by my code, but
> sometimes my code would crash the hypervisor
> and I cannot see the ouput. So I want to know how to set 'xm dmesg'
> output to a file.

You can configure xenconsoled to log hypervisor output to a file, but if
the hypervisor is crashing then no process (including xenconsoled) is
going to have a chance to run and do so.

You probably want to configure a serial console [0] or perhaps to use
"noreboot" on your hypervisor command line so that you can see the error
messages before rebooting by hand.

Ian.

[0] http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Serial_Console