Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough of HP P420i RAID controller

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Kuba <kuba.0000@xxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 17:11:33 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:12:05 +0000

W dniu 2014-07-07 15:34, Simon Waterman pisze:
Hi,

We've been successfully using Xen with PCI pass-through of disk and
network cards for a couple of years now.  We have this architecture working
successfully with a wide range of hardware from HP and Dell but recently
have been getting problems with the HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 and its
P420i RAID controller.

When we bind the RAID controller to pciback and issue the appropriate
'xl pci-attach' command the controller appears on the driver domain but fails
during probing by the hpsa driver.  Interestingly, in about 1 in every 10
test runs the hpsa driver probes successfully, the controller appears in the
driver domain and the disks appear to function correctly.

This might be completely irrelevant, but there were some pci-passthrough issues with LSI-based controllers to domUs. Take a quick look here:
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2014-04/msg00187.html

Best of luck,
Kuba