[Xen-users] Need support for xen network configuration

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Fritz Richter <fritz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 15:00:27 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 13:00:58 +0000

Hi together,
maybe there is someone out there who is able to support me with the current
issue. I was trying my best to search for answers, but still run into problems.

I have got a debian server with one eth0 attached to it. There are multiple
networks attached to the server:

- Public IP Adress 1 (single public IP for dom0)
- Public IP Adress 2 (single public IP for one virtual domU)
- Internal IP Network 10.10.10.x (internal live network attached to 1..n domU)
- Internal IP Network 10.10.20.x (internal dev network attached to 1..n domU)

The very first question is, how to setup the dom0 so that the system is
prepared to handle all different scenarios)? I would like to run a bridged mode
(without routing).

# Loopback device:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# device: eth0
auto  eth0
iface eth0 inet static
  address   100.0.0.10
  broadcast 100.0.0.255
  netmask   255.255.255.0
  gateway   100.0.0.1

auto eth0:1
iface eth0:1 inet static
       address 10.10.10.5
       broadcast 10.10.10.255
       netmask 255.255.255.0

auto eth0:2
iface eth0:2 inet static
       address 10.10.20.5
       broadcast 10.10.20.255
       netmask 255.255.255.0

By doing this, at least my system (dom0) is able to handle ip traffic. On other
servers I had another eth1 which I added like this:

# bridge for non-live services
auto br1
iface br1 inet static
  bridge_ports eth1
  address 10.10.20.129
  broadcast 10.10.20.255
  netmask 255.255.0.0
  bridge_stp off       # disable Spanning Tree Protocol
  bridge_waitport 0    # no delay before a port becomes available
  bridge_fd 0          # no forwarding delay

I do not understand how to setup the /etc/network/interfaces for a
multi-IP-domU with one eth0 by using the bridged mode.

Can anybody share some ideas?